Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How many wet nappies should by baby have a day on about 20 oz fluid?

(8 Posts)
mummytopebs Sun 19-Dec-10 14:07:16

DD 11 months has never had many wet nappies and now is down to 2 nappies in 24 hours!! Even then they are not soaking wet. I have worked out she has around 20 -22 oz fluid a day. She has a unknown blood vessel disorder and I am getting really concerned now that its spread to her kidneys. How many wet nappies should be having on this amount of liquid?

sleighBELLasringing Sun 19-Dec-10 14:08:08

I would say maybe 6-8? It is a long time since mine were in nappies, so I could be wrong.

belgo Sun 19-Dec-10 14:10:32

She should have a very full nappy in the morning and then at least 3 or 4 wet nappies during the day.

Two nappies which are not very wet, is not enough and you should speak to the doctor.

mummytopebs Sun 19-Dec-10 14:19:53

She sees a few consultants but they have never really seem surprised when it was 4 nappies a day but the last week it has gone down to 2. I didnt know if she was drinking enough, is around 20oz about right for 11 months? I can remember 1st dd's nappy was always soaking on a morning but dd2 has never had this. I am sick of emailing her consultant about different things, just feel like I am bothering him all the time and wanted to make sure that she definitly not weeing enough

belgo Sun 19-Dec-10 14:32:49

Email her consultant. You will not be bothering him, really.

mummytopebs Sun 19-Dec-10 14:38:42

Belgo would you say she was drinking enough? She is not overly keen on water or juice but has 20oz of milk and then around 2 oz water

belgo Sun 19-Dec-10 14:41:54

I don't know if it's enough - you need to look at her whole diet and her fluid intake in foods.

katie88c Sun 19-Dec-10 20:45:46

Hi my 11 month old went 18hours today without a wee a at I took her to the hospital but they didnt do much really apart from wen she did have a wee checked it for infection and she didnt have 1 so they sent her home she as only had 3 since im stuck now dont no what to do

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: