Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Croup?

(4 Posts)
TettyLouBar Sun 19-Dec-10 11:53:53

Hi all,
Have a 2.5year old DD who has developed very nasty cough - worse at night.
Nasty phlegm secretions which she seems to cough up and swallow - this is making her nappies really loose and offensive.
She seems to be having difficulty hearing us and only answers to her name half of the time - sometimes she just looks at us both with a really absent look as if she doesn't understand us. I'm thinking this could be tinnitus or something.
She is playing up quite a bit this weekend but I think thats boredom/cabin fever from being stuck in due to snow. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and dont want to go out unless really neccesary.

Any ideas? I think it could be croup or something but dont know whether a GP should be checking her ears or something. confused

CristinaTheAstonishing Sun 19-Dec-10 11:56:59

Info on croup here esp. the warning signs. The hearing may be due to glue ear.

PixieOnaLeaf Sun 19-Dec-10 14:37:42

Message withdrawn

TettyLouBar Mon 20-Dec-10 14:57:28

Thanks for the advice: her cough does seem to be easing. Deafness still there - will go to gp smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: