Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

lots of big angry red spots on bottom that don't itch?

(7 Posts)
HeroWantage Sun 19-Dec-10 09:42:00

Dd, almost 3, started 2 weeks ago with a low-grade fever, and bright rosy cheeks, which came and went for 5 days, alongside a horrible runny nose and all over rash.
The spots have pretty much gone on her face and body, except for bottom and legs, where she keeps getting new and angry looking spots.
GP had diagnosed a virus, and she isn't presenting like an ill child, but I am worried that it's been over 2 weeks now.

Anyone had similar, and a different diagnosis?

belgo Sun 19-Dec-10 09:44:35

It does sound like a post viral rash. There are loads of viruses which cause rashes including hand foot and mouth (which causes spots on the bottom as well), molluscum, fifth's diesase, roseola etc. It is hard to distinguish between them all.

Is her temperature completely gone? Is she bothered by the spots?

HeroWantage Sun 19-Dec-10 10:03:09

Her temp is gone completely. She still has a snotty cold to end all snotty colds, but spots only bother her if she or i accidentally knock one, in which case they are painful. The skin round her mouth sometimes flares up again, and she won't eat ketchup as it makes her mouth sore.

belgo Sun 19-Dec-10 10:22:06

Is ketchup the only thing she can't eat?

If the spots are open and weeping, then I would take her to the GP.

HeroWantage Sun 19-Dec-10 10:32:12

Thanks Belgo. Yes, she's eating everything as normal except her favourite ketchup. Spots are virulent rather than weeping, but will prob take her back to gp, as he didn't see them looking like that.

belgo Sun 19-Dec-10 10:33:00

I wonder if it's the start of chicken pox.

HeroWantage Sun 19-Dec-10 13:02:21

I wonder...would have thought it would be itchy though? She's had them for several days now, so really hope not...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now