Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this travel sickness - and if so what (if anything) can we do about it?

(1 Post)
BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Tue 14-Dec-10 20:18:15

I think it's been happening a while, but only really dawned on me this year as we've been out and about more this year that when travelling on trains (and today a bus) for anything more than about 1/2hr DS1 starts feeling a bit "blurgh" (his words) and gets a headache.

At least 4 times that I can recalls (possibly more) anything from straight after stopping up to about 4hrs later DS1 is then sick. Often sick again a little later as well (especially if he eats - which he tends to do after travelling as he's always hungry).

Without fail the following morning he is absolutely 100% fine. And it always comes the same way - headache developes while on the move, and the sickness after (usually 1hr+ after - but today was straight away - although it was on the way back - so it could have been from earlier (iykwin?) he's stopped travelling.

Is it travel sickness? I used to get travel sick (still do if I try and read a book on a bus or in a car...) and it was always there and then that was I was sick and always feeling absolutely fine once I got out of the car. But this seems almost like "delayed" travel sickness (does such a thing exist??)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now