Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

red book and immunisations..

(4 Posts)
strawberryshortbread Tue 14-Dec-10 14:33:58

Hello,

Is it possible for the nurse to have not noted down the mmr on my sons red book? she's logged the Hib/Men C but not the mmr or pcv..

I am pretty sure he had multiple injections that day. does the Hib/Men C consist of multiple injections?

GP is saying they have no record of the mmr, he's now 2!!

What should i do? can they test if he's had it?

What happens if he has it but already has had it??

Not very happy about this tbh as I was sure he had it at the time and defo not happy its' taken the GP a year to write/advise me!!

Can anyone please help and advise.

He has a tummy bug right now so no chance of having it this week if he hasn't had it.

crap! sad

dikkertjedap Tue 14-Dec-10 20:00:00

Hi, according to this the vaccine containing Hib is for 5 different diseases including DTP, polio and Hib and is then given in one arm/leg with MMR which is a separate vaccine in the other arm/leg

Not sure if they can test whether he did get MMR, don't they also note it on the computer or do they only do that afterwards? I thought that they tore the relevant page from the red book to update their records, could it have been on that? Also, their should be the sticker from the vaccine with its batch number etc in the red book, if it isn't may be he indeed hasn't got it???

Seems all very messy TBH, hope you can sort it out.

sneezecakesmum Tue 14-Dec-10 20:30:53

As Dikker says one in each leg and one should have been the MMR. Seems very sloppy if there is no record of it anywhere.

strawberryshortbread Tue 14-Dec-10 20:41:28

Thanks ladies, I've also posted this in parenting where I have updated! Really truly crap

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: