Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chest Infection and Nose Bleeds

(5 Posts)
MadameGazelle Mon 13-Dec-10 18:30:10

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help - DS2 (3.1) was disgnosed with a bacterial chest infection on Friday and was given Amoxycillin, last night he had 2 nose bleeds which were pretty heavy and has had 2 more today - he has never ever had a nose bleed before. I have looked on the internet but there doesnt seem to be any link between chest infections and nose bleeds or antibiotics and nose bleeds and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this or if it is just coincidence

TIA

dikkertjedap Mon 13-Dec-10 18:45:33

Could it be that she is picking her nose or blowing too hard??? I have had several chest infections, several nosebleeds and very often taken amoxycillin but never had nosebleeds when also having a chest infection, same for dd. Do the nosebleeds stop quite quick? I expect the chest infection is by far the more serious of the two and hopefully the amoxycillin will sort it out. Good luck.

herbietea Mon 13-Dec-10 18:51:53

Message withdrawn

MadameGazelle Mon 13-Dec-10 19:33:55

Hi herbietea, was wondering if it was part of the infection. The last one tonight didn't last long so hopefully they will tail off as the infection clears.

dikkerjedap - he's not a picker grin and can't blow his nose, which is why I was puzzled his nose was bleediding

PixieOnaLeaf Mon 13-Dec-10 20:59:45

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: