Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler shaking in the morning

(6 Posts)
negrilbaby Mon 13-Dec-10 15:13:01

DS (2.10 years) followed me down into the kitchen this morning, on waking, demanding food. He was very anxious so I gave him a croisant with some jam (he usually has cereal). I noticed that when he was eating it his hands were really shaking - like the DTs after a heavy night out! He ate it really quickly - not like his normal eating speed at all.

I realised he was hungry but I am concerned that it affected him so badly. He hadn't eaten well the previous day - he was feeling under the weather. He is a good eater and normally has breakfast between 8 and 9. This morning he was looking for food just before 7.

Should I be concerned or is this just normal behaviour?

leafinthewind Mon 13-Dec-10 15:15:36

Mine shakes if she's really hungry and so do I. Normal I would guess.

pigindisguise Mon 13-Dec-10 16:34:07

I shake if I'm hungry. Given he didn't eat much the day before I personally wouldn't worry, and would take it as a sign that he was feeling better therefore ravenous smile

PixieOnaLeaf Mon 13-Dec-10 16:42:14

Message withdrawn

sneezecakesmum Mon 13-Dec-10 21:11:30

He probably had low blood sugar after fasting all night. This causes shakiness, light headedness and intense hunger, especially for sweet things. Try to ensure he has a light snack late in the evening before his night milk.

negrilbaby Mon 13-Dec-10 21:26:28

Thanks for the replies. Thought it was probably just low sugar but wanted to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now