Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Croup

(6 Posts)
bettydoc Sat 11-Dec-10 11:18:04

Is it normal for babies to throw up when they have croup?

DasherandSmugly Sat 11-Dec-10 12:41:10

Not in my experience.

onimolap Sat 11-Dec-10 12:56:57

I don't know about croup, but I can remember DS chucking up a small amount when he had a coughing fit just after a feed.

If you have a child with symptoms which are causing you enough concern to post here, I suggest you also contact your OOH doctor for specific advice.

DasherandSmugly Sat 11-Dec-10 19:39:31

I think if there's a lot of snot (tmi) going down the throat it can make them sick.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 11-Dec-10 19:41:01

Coughing quite hard can make you sick, so croup per se doesn't make you vomit, but the side affects of it will - iyswim.

Marne Sat 11-Dec-10 21:44:15

Both of mine are sick when they cough, dd2 had croup really bad when she was 2 and was being sick, i started to think she had whooping cough as i could remember having it as a child and being very sick, luckily whooping cough is vert rare these days but croup can be very nasty. Hope he feels better soon xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now