Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Coughs and inhalers

(6 Posts)
lexcat Thu 09-Dec-10 22:15:29

DD use to get terrible coughs which lead to shortness of breath when she was younger and she had a ventolin inhaler. As she got older she got better. Dd has not used an inhaler for 3-4 years now.

Now 9 dd has developed the most terrible cough over the last few days. I myself have been the same but not half as bad as mostly my Ventolin has been relieving things. Anyway dd really is suffering so found her old spacer and have just tried her on a few puffs of Ventolin.

Instant differences, but now the question is what should I do now?

PixieOnaLeaf Thu 09-Dec-10 23:06:29

Message withdrawn

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 09-Dec-10 23:12:36

What Pixie said - that would have been my post pretty much word for word.

DS and I both asthmatic and struggling with coughs this week, so sympathies.

seimum Thu 09-Dec-10 23:22:06

I agree with the Pixie & Ali

lexcat Fri 10-Dec-10 15:09:40

thanks for the words of wisdom, been at work so don't know what she's been like today. Did give her a puff this morning before work.

Do they still need spacers at 9 or is dd likely to be given a different type that she can learn to do for herself. I myself only had asthma with colds as a child got worse in my teens. I'm hoping it a one off as I had thought dd had grown out of her asthma.

PixieOnaLeaf Fri 10-Dec-10 17:06:28

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now