Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Black Spot on 3 Year Old's Groin - Panicking!

(9 Posts)
SH27 Tue 07-Dec-10 14:52:10

Hello and thank you for reading.

My 3 year old DS has woken up with what looks like a black spot in his groin area.

Neither I or my DH have noticed it before and nor has my DS, so I am pretty sure it came up over night or at most the past few days.

It looks like a blood blister or a really black mole.

I have booked in to see my GP this evening, but I am freaking out as I am a terrible worrier and always think the worse!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks.

crispface Tue 07-Dec-10 21:05:51

did you find out what it was SH27?

tink123 Tue 07-Dec-10 21:23:10

DH actually started with chickenpox in his groin as exactly what you are describing, so watch out for more spots.

SH27 Tue 07-Dec-10 21:47:56

oh Tink123 really? thanks for that will look out for it, but fingers crossed not this weekend as it's his birthday party on Sunday!

Crispface the GP said that he didn't think it was anything sinister, and that it could be a burst blood vessel and wants to see him again on Friday to make sure it is clearing up.

Of course I am still worrying!

Thanks or your messages x

tink123 Tue 07-Dec-10 21:54:02

It was a single dark spot because I could not work out what it was either. Hope he is ok for his birthday

SH27 Tue 07-Dec-10 22:08:55

To be honest I would be quite relieved if it was Chicken Pox. I have consulted Dr Google which we all know is lethal and have come up with all sorts!!

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 08-Dec-10 09:07:07

Do you live in a plague area?
Seriously, step away from the computer and wait for the doctor.

tink123 Mon 13-Dec-10 21:33:42

did anything come of the spot??

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 14-Dec-10 00:02:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now