Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

16-month old. 4 teeth, is this OK?

(4 Posts)
Barrys Tue 07-Dec-10 12:38:46

Hi

I'm a little worried about my 16-month old boy. Despite his age he only has 4 teeth - 2 at the bottom and 2 at the top. These teeth came in 6 months ago and there have been no further additions. We have had a few bouts of teething pain (I think) but no new teeth.

Is this normal? My other older child had about a dozen at this stage.

Barry

ItsJustMyOpinion Tue 07-Dec-10 12:41:25

Babies can be born with teeth, can cut their first teeth really early or really late, there is nothing to worry about at all.

HTH

kathyb1 Tue 07-Dec-10 12:42:25

all babies, like the rest of us, do things at their own pace - i wouldn't worry too much.

you could try phoning your dentist to find out more if you are curious about it.
It's only the price of a phone call.

do you remember the horrors of teething with your 1st baby - maybe, enjoy the rest/peace for now?

smile

bandgeek Tue 07-Dec-10 12:44:20

My DD didn't cut her first tooth until she was 14 months! She was late at getting the rest of her teeth as well, nothing to worry about smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now