Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Xylitol for ears

(3 Posts)
Greedymonster Mon 06-Dec-10 17:02:35

I have just noticed that the NHS website recommends xylitol to help prevent recurrent ear infections. It suggests gum but I'm after something that might appeal to a suspicious 3 (nearly 4) year old and not be too onerous to remember to take (ie only once a day not 3 times!). I see smints contain xylitol but I also see they contain aspertame (spelling!!) so not ideal.

I have searched the threads on here and found historic threads about boots toothpaste, but later threads said it had been made a 6+ product (I assume due to the amount of fluoride, perhaps I should just buy it but use less than recommended!!)

Any one got any suggestions? Some websites mention syrup but I can't find anything online from a reputable retailer.

bubbleymummy Mon 06-Dec-10 18:43:59

you can buy powdered xylitol - it looks like sugar and it's a recommended alternative for diabetics. You can use it just like sugar.

missmoopy Mon 06-Dec-10 19:00:57

Here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: