Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone had experience of kidney reflux?

(4 Posts)
sparkle101 Mon 06-Dec-10 14:43:44

Hi

My 3.5 month old daughter has been diagnosed with grade 4 reflux in her right kidney. The doctors have said she will need antibiotics until she is 2 and hope she will grow out of it, however looking at the internet the diagnosis is that she may need an operation, especially as she has had another flare up of a UTI.

We have been to the hospital 2 times in the last 5 weeks for 10 days each. Is this how it's going to be until 2 years?

Haven't got a consultant appt until January and would like to get a bit more info.

tomhardyismydh Mon 06-Dec-10 18:03:16

hi I had same as a child, diagnosed late but I had the operation at about aged 10years. Its a very mild operation and I recovered well. I think it has reoccured but have not required further opperation but I remember them telling my mum that further op may bbe required. She may grow out of it so long term anti biotics is a good try first. Gp did this with me a few times before deciding to operate

good luck hope it corrects its self.

sparkle101 Tue 07-Dec-10 16:40:41

Thanks tomhardy keeping fingers crossed!

darwin Tue 07-Dec-10 20:29:40

Hi our 8.5 month old son had a uti then got diagnosed with kidney reflux , quite severe on one side I can't remember the grade, is now 4 and he had a further scan this year and has grown out of it. He was on permanent antibiotics and every time he had a temp without a cause they hac to check ws not another uti. Hope this helps - sometimes useful to know other peoples experiences so not so isolating x x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: