Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken Pox - has anyone's dc had it twice?

(7 Posts)
Dexterrocks Sun 05-Dec-10 23:19:21

My ds has had chicken pox (several years ago now). Chicken pox is doing the rounds again in the village and he has developed 3 blisters very similar to chicken pox on his hip.
Could he have caught it again?

notapizzaeater Sun 05-Dec-10 23:24:25

Best Friends DS did, 1st time he was 10 months and it wasn't a bad dose, then again when he was 3.

mankyscotslass Sun 05-Dec-10 23:24:27

It's possible to have it more than once. DH has had it twice. I think you are more likely to get it again if you have a mild dose or are very young when I get it first time.

Appletrees Sun 05-Dec-10 23:25:33

No, but we had cp 14mth followed by shingles at school. anky is righ. It just hangs around.

Dexterrocks Sun 05-Dec-10 23:29:03

He was young and did have a mild dose - it was enough to leave scars though. Yikes!

missnevermind Sun 05-Dec-10 23:40:35

Not the DC but yes I had it twice. I think not very badly the first time, but lots of spots the second time at about 11 or 12.

Quattrocento Sun 05-Dec-10 23:42:24

Yes he could have caught it again.

Mine had chicken pox twice. Until that point I thought it wasn't possible to get it twice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now