Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD sore red skin only on the very cold weather

(9 Posts)
lexcat Thu 02-Dec-10 21:10:09

It started on her inside leg a few days ago now her bottom hips and tummy are also sore. She had it before on her bum and inside leg but only when it's at it's coldest out.

Really don't know what to do?

dikkertjedap Thu 02-Dec-10 21:14:00

Not sure what it is, but you could try sudocrem on a small patch to see if it helps, and if so, use it on rest as well.

PixieOnaLeaf Thu 02-Dec-10 21:14:56

Message withdrawn

forkhandles Thu 02-Dec-10 21:20:43

I would go for something a bit heavier like EpiDerm, which you can just buy from the chemist, and smooth it gently over the sore areas as many times a day as you can, maybe morning, night and two in between. Little and often is best.

MmeLindt Thu 02-Dec-10 21:23:11

DS has this at the moment on his bottom lip.

I smeared some Baby Bottom Butter from John Lewis on it. Fab stuff.

Am also using it as I have a cold and a sore nose from all the nose-blowing. It is really soothing.

lexcat Thu 02-Dec-10 21:46:24

Have tried creams before sudo, which will help but the down side is it always makes things worse ( to start with sudocream been the worse with dd sreaming) So understandable dd reluctant to apply the creams in the first place.

MmeLindt Thu 02-Dec-10 21:53:59

That is horrible.

If it is from the cold, maybe putting an extra layer on her? To create a physical barrier rather than a chemical one.

Is it just when you go out with her?

How old is she?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 03-Dec-10 07:37:20

Chillblains? I once had these on my arse from falling through ice on a pond then getting into a bath. They were itchy and painfull.

lexcat Fri 03-Dec-10 17:16:12

She's nine and I really don't think she could get more clothes on. DD is one of the few girl in her class that wears thermal trousers and long sleeve vests.

We put on some E45 last night and again this morning, the worse was her hips which are still a little sore but due to the school playground been like an ice rink all day she not really been out today. So don't know what they might have been like if she had been out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now