Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Curing a "chill" (or, please let me get some sleep!)

(5 Posts)
Waswondering Thu 02-Dec-10 14:43:04

Dd (4) has been dry at night since she was 2.

For the last 2 nights she has been up multiple times in the middle of the night needing a wee.

Last night it was 6 times between 2am and 3.30, the night before it was 4 times around 5am.

I am now living a zombie plan due to lack of sleep!

She seems to constantly need in the night (but not the day) and when it comes it is clear - no sign of an infection or anything.

Two separate people have suggested that she's caught "a wee chill" - what does that mean and how do I fix it so that we all get a some sleep??

TIA

hannahsaunt Thu 02-Dec-10 18:47:12

My MIL is obsessed with how cold weather causes one (i.e. her) to wee more and she always needs to run back to the house five minutes after leaving because it's cold and therefore she needs to go. Maybe dd is embracing her NI heritage wink.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful ...

Potty beside the bed? Does she always perform? Send dh? Dd and Ds3 have taken it in turns to wake between 0530h and 0600h ever since we came here, if it's any consolation to have a sleep deprivation buddy.

Waswondering Thu 02-Dec-10 20:50:54

Spoke to HV today (first time in yonks!) who thinks it sounds like a UTI and wants me to "drop off a sample" in the morning. Sigh. I'll see how she goes tonight (it's currently -10, the car hasn't moved in 36h, the prospect of driving on compacted city snow/ice etc doesn't fill me with joy!!)

Sigh - really hope your two don't keep you up tonight and if I'm up, I'll send a nod in your direction.

(PS Really hope to see you soon ... smile)

NellyTheElephant Thu 02-Dec-10 20:59:19

Well see what they say re UTI. but if it turns out she is fine - one question, has she wet the bed at all recently or had an accident during the day? Both my DDs (both dry at night from 2.6 ish) went through a phase like this, sparked by an accident in bed and then being paranoid about it happening again. The same thing worked with both of them - I dug out the potty and put it next to the bed and put them in pjs which were easy to pull down /up, then did a sticker chart, each night they managed to use potty without disturbing me they got a sticker and after 5 stickers a reward.

Waswondering Thu 02-Dec-10 21:00:50

No - no accidents at all just very, very regular trips to the loo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now