Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Green poo and a useless GP...

(3 Posts)
LaTristesse Thu 02-Dec-10 07:17:17

Hi ladies,

My DS is 9mo and for the last week has had bad nappies, ranging from chunky, sticky poo to watery thin poo, always quite acrid, and ranging from khaki / mustard to bright green.

Our GP is rubbish (wouldn't even see him), so I'm on my own - I have persuaded them to do a stool sample.

I'm wondering whether it's just teething - he has been drooly and has a light cold too, or does this sound like a tummy bug (he's had no vomitting).

It's affecting his sleep - 4 dirty nappies between 3 and 4 this morning, and his appetite - we've pretty much reverted to just breast milk (I'm even worried there might be some change in my milk which is poisoning him - please tell me this is not the case).

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to ease DS's troubles and what this might be?

Thanks smile

mrsgordonfreeman Thu 02-Dec-10 15:47:46

Poor you, and poor baby.

It does sound like either a tummy bug, and/or his cold is making those yucky nappies.

I think snot and dribble, when swallowed, makes for runny green or khaki poo, certainly dd's poos are like this at present as she has a nasty snotty cold.

Breastmilk's probably the best thing for him, if you haven't recently started new medication or radically changed your diet it's unlikely to have caused the poos.

Does he seem ok otherwise? Obviously you're doing the right thing by trying to see your GP, keep hassling for an appointment if you're still worried.

LaTristesse Sat 04-Dec-10 08:31:02

Thanks for the reply.

I'm waiting on the results of a stool sample test, so maybe that will shed some light on it all...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: