Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pulling / scratching at face

(5 Posts)
EgonSpengler Wed 01-Dec-10 21:38:12

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on something our 11 week old DD does...

When she gets tired or frustrated she rubs / scratches her face and pulls at her ears. Has anyone else experience this with their LO? I have scratch mitts on her constantly as I can't trust that she won't have a finger in her eye when I look away for a second. She's already given herself a deep scratch on the side of her face.

Ta!

Ex

mrsgordonfreeman Wed 01-Dec-10 22:18:59

Hello, I think this is pretty normal.

Babies often do this sort of thing when they're tired. It's why babygros often come with scratch mittens attached.

Try to keep your baby's nails short, no easy task I know, and wait. They do grow out of it, my dd stopped at around 6-9 months or so.

PixieOnaLeaf Wed 01-Dec-10 22:40:50

Message withdrawn

LaTristesse Thu 02-Dec-10 07:48:21

Yes normal, my DS graduated form this around 7 months, and is now in the gouging inside his ears phase - fun eh!

EgonSpengler Thu 02-Dec-10 13:16:34

Brilliant! Thanks all. That's good to know. I regularly cut her nails and currently have socks on her hands as scratch mitts come off at every available opportunity - she ends up looking like Michael Jackson with one white glove and I end up scrabbling on the floor looking for its twin...

Ex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now