Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Really frequent pooing - 6m old - started weaning now back on bf

(3 Posts)
chestnutlady Wed 01-Dec-10 11:18:06

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar as am quite worried.
We started weaning my 6m DD about a month ago - we're doing BLW and just gave brocoli, carrot, cucumber, things like that. About 2.5 weeks ago after eating cucumber she started pooing a lot, so we stopped the weaning to give her tummy a chance to settle. So since then she's been only on breastmilk.

Since then she's still pooing a lot! Up to 8-9 times a day! Otherwise she seems fine in herself but that isn't normal, is it, if you're purely breastfeeding?

I am worried she has an infection. I did take her to the doc but they didn't really do anything, said it might be a virus and just to wait.

Anyone else had similar experiences?
Thanks! x

USoRight Wed 01-Dec-10 13:46:54

Does seem very excessive and after 2.5 weeks it should have settled. Would your GP send off a sample?

chestnutlady Wed 01-Dec-10 19:05:41

My GP always makes me feel like I am a nuisance, I don't like her attitude at all. She seemed to think it was nothing. Anyway, I just went back and saw another doctor, and they said she has an ear infection and have prescribed amoxycillin, so hopefully that will clear everything up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now