Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How many does your 3 year old weigh?

(16 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Tue 30-Nov-10 20:27:39

Does 2stones 1 sound small. DS looks skinny and pale.....quite worried.

Goingspare Tue 30-Nov-10 21:27:39

I think my DD was 2 stone at 3. She was small, short as well as slight. Tough as old boots though.

How tall is he? Is he well, apart from being pale? Does he eat well?

lilly153 Tue 30-Nov-10 21:33:02

my son was 3 in august he is 2 and a half stone but i would say hes always been quite sturdy/stocky for his age

RiojaLover75 Tue 30-Nov-10 21:34:51

DS 3.6 is 3st 4lb now, he's tall though.

SandyChick Tue 30-Nov-10 21:34:58

My ds is 3.3 and weighs 2 stone 6. He is about 98 cm tall. He looks long and skinny. He stuck at 2 stone for a long time. He just had a growth spurt. The trousers that he started school in sept in are now too small both around his waist and length.

blueberryboybait Tue 30-Nov-10 21:36:23

DD1 is 2.4 and is only just 20lb so if she gets to 2stone 1lb by 3 I will be super impressed.

tryingtobemarypoppins2 Tue 30-Nov-10 21:38:48

DS eats terribly. Dispite super relaxed approched to meal times his diet is very very limited and he eats tiny ammounts. Breakfast is the only meal he eats well. Most foods are cold lunchbox type foods except the odd sausage/beans meal he will nibble at. Most days he will have one spoonful of dinner and thats it. Not interested in pudding. Thats after perhaps one small bowl of cereal and a few bites of a sandwich at lunchtime.

He sleeps loads too. 6-7am and then a few hours in the afternoon.

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Tue 30-Nov-10 21:39:06

DS3 was 15.8kg (2st 6) at 2 1/2yrs (that was a year ago). Have no idea how much he weighs now. But he is a big boy (height and feet).

Goingspare Tue 30-Nov-10 21:48:01

If you're concerned that he's not well, have him checked out by your GP, if only to cheer yourself up.

If he eats a good breakfast, then he's probably eating enough; my little DD then (and to some extent now, at 10) was the reverse, being quite hard to feed before a bumper evening meal. As he sleeps for a long time, he's probably particularly hungry in the morning.

He does seem to sleep a lot, but I'm not sure what the 'normal' range is.

TaperJeanGirl Tue 30-Nov-10 23:13:57

my dd is 3.7 and is 2st2lb, she is quite slim, but wouldnt say skinny, she is covered but does wear 2-3 (sometimes smaller) in clothes instead of 3-4 smile

shesadancer Wed 01-Dec-10 11:33:50

my ds is 5.3 and only weighs 3 stone ; but he was v sick earlier in the year, with his clothes off he looks like a famine victim ! However his consultant says his weight is fine and as long as he is active ( he is very active) not to worry about it .

Hersetta Wed 01-Dec-10 12:00:13

My DD is 3.3. She weighs 35lb (2st 7lb) but she is tall - 104.5cm

USoRight Wed 01-Dec-10 13:30:27

There is a formula we used to use in A&E when we needed meds urgently and unable to weigh a child. Age + 4 times 2 = 14 kg (30 lbs).

Its a very rough guide and depends on the child not being unusually short/skinny.

We then got these coloured tapes which were more accurate, but the above formula is reasonable OK for a normally developing child.

mylifewithstrangers Wed 01-Dec-10 13:33:27

Aargh, what's with all the stones and pounds people, I can't compare

My DD is coming up 4 and is just 15Kg
DS on the other hand is 14 months and 13Kg
Go figure

BTW I know my OWN weight in st/lbs, but kids have always been metric - it's like they are a different species. Do you all seriously still get you kids weighed in old money?

USoRight Wed 01-Dec-10 13:35:21

I suppose it is 'look at the child not the chart'- eating habits, activity level, general health etc.
Little DS doesnt sound healthy in respect to the eating etc. I would make a GP appointment just to get checked over.

BaroqinAroundTheChristmasTree Wed 01-Dec-10 13:35:35

I gave the conversion grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now