Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

When would you send your child to school after having flu?

(4 Posts)
Colourworld Tue 30-Nov-10 16:23:38

My son who is in Reception year has been having flu for one week, temperature for 6 days. Today is the first day without temperature which stil might come back as this flu has been so unpredictible. He still looks rather week to be send off to school. I think we should keep him at home this week as well.

BelleDeChocChipCookieMonster Tue 30-Nov-10 16:24:39

If he's running around at home then I'd send him at the next availiable opportunity.

winnybella Tue 30-Nov-10 16:27:11

I would keep him in, I think. His immune system will be tired from fighting flu, few days at home would let him fully recover. He'll be susceptible to catching another infection easily now.

Colourworld Tue 30-Nov-10 17:05:40

He and his little brother (who is having flu as well)have been trying to run around even with high fever. When you look at them moving there and here, you might think the flu is gone then you check the temperature and it is high. Children are like that. But I did not allow them to run around with fever as it can increase even more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: