Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Worried about unusual vomiting in toddler. Please advise

(6 Posts)
suiledonne Mon 29-Nov-10 10:06:40

DD2 is 2 and for the last four nights has vomited hugely just once around 11pm. Then settled for the night. She is fine during the day - appetite a little off but eating bland foods.

I am still breastfeeding her and she is feeding in the night and keeping the milk down.

I am in two minds about taking her to the doctor as she is fine during the day and has no other symptoms and I know the only appointments available at my GP for emergencies are with a doctor who is useless with children and I'd prefer not to deal with him. I've had a bad experience with him in the past wrt dd1's asthma.

Any advice? I really can't decide if this is something that needs seeing or not.

Thanks

suiledonne Mon 29-Nov-10 10:18:27

Shameless bump.

Have to make decision about GP or not shortly.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 29-Nov-10 10:22:21

I'd go. There's no harm in getting her seen to.

MummyBerryJuice Mon 29-Nov-10 20:05:18

Any news Suile?

suiledonne Tue 30-Nov-10 10:07:57

Rang yesterday and spoke to the nurse.

She said toddler tummy bugs can sometimes be like this. Keep her on a bland diet and if it goes on longer than 7 days to make an appointment. She wasn't too concerned as she said with vomiting once in 24 hours she won't be in danger of dehyration.

She vomited again last night so thats 5 days. If the weather wasn't so awful I would probably have taken her in already but it is hazardous to drive here at the moment.

Thanks for thinking of us.

MummyBerryJuice Tue 30-Nov-10 10:44:03

Glad to hear she is ok. I know what you mean about the weather, we are virtually stuck at home and the snow doesn't look like it will let up soon sad. I dread to think what we'll do if there was a rel need to get out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: