Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Deodorant for 6 year old boy

(7 Posts)
SKM777 Sun 28-Nov-10 23:35:20

My son has a bo problem at the age of 6.5, I am looking for a deodorant/roll on etc. for him to use which is of natural products as he suffers from eczema. Can anyone help or advise or point me in the right direction. x

onimolap Sun 28-Nov-10 23:40:50

Holland and Barratt usually carry a selection, or look out for Weleda.

MollieO Sun 28-Nov-10 23:42:07

I'm sure someone will be along with advice on products but have you been to the GP? My ds is 6.4 and if he had developed BO I would do that.

PixieOnaLeaf Mon 29-Nov-10 10:22:23

Message withdrawn

4nomore Mon 29-Nov-10 11:23:07

I've been using deodorant on my son since he was five - he's now eight and there's no sign of precocious puberty, just stinky pits. When he was a baby/toddler he used to have really sweaty stinky feet but strangely that seemed to clear up around the time he got pongy elsewhere.

Anngeree Thu 02-Dec-10 15:43:32

I've had the same problem with D.s since he was 6.5yr aswell, He's 7.5yr now. I've taken him to the doctor and they seem to think he is starting early puberty as he has very fine hair growing on his legs and privates.
I felt a littleblush to take ds to doctor and say my 6.5yo is sweating even though I was sure it wasn't normal just incase I was over reacting. Ds has had other problems though his blood sugar levels started to drop suddenly around the same time I noticed the sweating and I've currently got him off school as he's had a sickness bug for 6wks which doesn't seem to want to disappear
We've got an appointment next week to see a paediatrician and have tests to see if any of the symptoms are linked.
I think it might be best to have a chat with your doctor SKM777 as 6.5 is young to have BO even if it's just to put your mind at rest.

SKM777 Fri 03-Dec-10 23:10:01

Gosh sounds all scary - I hope he isnt going through puberty just yet - he is tooooo young! x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: