Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lots of poos today - is this ok???

(11 Posts)
louloupoo Sat 27-Nov-10 18:23:39

My 15wk old ds has had 6 poops 2day, 3 in last hour, and when he was last being changed more came out. It was very runny. Normally he only has 1 a day if that. I've checked his temp and it was ok. He's been a little grumpy at times today but generally he seems ok.

Should I be worried? Its nearly his bedtime and I'm concerned he's just going to keep pooing...

Pls help

louloupoo Sat 27-Nov-10 18:26:59

Oh and btw, he's EBF and has been feeding as normal...

llareggub Sat 27-Nov-10 19:06:00

Is he teething? Both my boys had horrid nappies when teething.

louloupoo Sat 27-Nov-10 19:28:14

Its funny you say that...

We've been thinking for about a week now that he might be teething. He's gone from just sucking his hands and anything else to really chomping down on things like he's in pain. It stopped for a few days and then its started up again this week.

I didnt realise teething could give him really messy nappies though...

llareggub Sat 27-Nov-10 20:05:15

Sounds like it is then! It might take a while for them to appear, but what out for a fever in case it is something else.

Desiderata Sat 27-Nov-10 20:07:53

I doubt very much that he's teething at 15 weeks.

Have you been eating carrots today?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 27-Nov-10 20:09:01

DD had two teeth by 14 weeks, it's not that unusual.

If he's well otherwise I wouldn't worry.

llareggub Sat 27-Nov-10 20:14:41

Yes, mine too.

Desiderata Sat 27-Nov-10 20:16:22

Wow! All mine (step kids included) were at least six months before we had a scrap of a tooth.

Well, it may be, but I wouldn't worry either way. Just keep an eye on the nappy rash.

louloupoo Sat 27-Nov-10 21:54:35

I took his temp earlier and that was fine. I def do think he's teething, even if its just the very beginning. The way he suddenly starts frantically chomping...

No not eaten carrots today. Why, do carrots go through babies quickly??

Desiderata Sat 27-Nov-10 22:01:44

They seem to. Not that it's a bad thing, but they contain Vit A, which can be toxic taken in quantity.

Big quantity, of course, but in small children, it does result in big poos!

Just keep his botty clean. He might be in for a bout of nappy rash.

Honey's good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now