Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

V. Slow Hair Growth (2.5) - Dietary Defficiency?

(4 Posts)
pastaplease Thu 25-Nov-10 16:35:10

DD (2.5 years) was a bald baby, and her hair growth has been slow. She now has a full head of hair, but it's short (and curly). Many of her friends now have long hair.

Could this be a result of a dietary deficiency, that I've missed?

Thanks.

MaudOHara Thu 25-Nov-10 20:48:14

Has it ever been cut? DD was the same until the day she got playdoh in it and I had to cut it out so took her to hairdressers to even it up all over.

After that it grew and grew and grew and I was no longer envious of Mums who got to put clips and bobbles in their DDs hair [shallow]

My friends DD is 4 and has really short hair - it has never been cut.

pastaplease Thu 25-Nov-10 20:58:37

Ah! That's interesting, thank Maud. Perhaps I could have a go at the ends. Hmmm, she's very jealous when I (and even the dog!) go to the hairdressers, so perhaps I could turn it into a game for her.

Thanks.

Pandsbear Sat 27-Nov-10 16:54:40

MY DT's hair didn't really get growing until they were 3! They were pretty bald until then - people always thought I had 2 boys, They now have hair halfway down they backs (age 5). I wish MY hair would grow so quickly. Am sure it isn't a dietary problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now