Talk

Advanced search

V. Slow Hair Growth (2.5) - Dietary Defficiency?

(4 Posts)
pastaplease Thu 25-Nov-10 16:35:10

DD (2.5 years) was a bald baby, and her hair growth has been slow. She now has a full head of hair, but it's short (and curly). Many of her friends now have long hair.

Could this be a result of a dietary deficiency, that I've missed?

Thanks.

MaudOHara Thu 25-Nov-10 20:48:14

Has it ever been cut? DD was the same until the day she got playdoh in it and I had to cut it out so took her to hairdressers to even it up all over.

After that it grew and grew and grew and I was no longer envious of Mums who got to put clips and bobbles in their DDs hair [shallow]

My friends DD is 4 and has really short hair - it has never been cut.

pastaplease Thu 25-Nov-10 20:58:37

Ah! That's interesting, thank Maud. Perhaps I could have a go at the ends. Hmmm, she's very jealous when I (and even the dog!) go to the hairdressers, so perhaps I could turn it into a game for her.

Thanks.

Pandsbear Sat 27-Nov-10 16:54:40

MY DT's hair didn't really get growing until they were 3! They were pretty bald until then - people always thought I had 2 boys, They now have hair halfway down they backs (age 5). I wish MY hair would grow so quickly. Am sure it isn't a dietary problem.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: