Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone else's kid's feet roll inwards?

(9 Posts)
blinks Mon 22-Nov-10 22:04:36

have bene noticing that DD (5) has feet that roll in alot when walking and her shoes always wear away on the inside really quickly.

is it just a straight forward referral from GP? i'm guessing shoe inserts?

SherbetDibDab Mon 22-Nov-10 22:06:17

My ds is like this.
GP referred us to the podiatrist who perscribed shoe inserts.

lucykate Mon 22-Nov-10 22:06:20

yes, my dd's do the same. she is flat footed. we went to gp, gp referred her and she's now got arch supports. feet much better and she walks straighter.

MarshaBrady Mon 22-Nov-10 22:08:36

Ds has insoles,fitted and moulded to foot by orthopaedic Dr.

How are your dd's knees? Ds has had pain due to inward rolling foot.

blinks Mon 22-Nov-10 22:11:57

podiatrist! that's the feckin word i was searching for. have brain rot today...

great. insoles/arch supports sound good. did it take long to get the appt? how long did it take to make a difference?

DD's knees seem ok and no mention of pain when walking but leg pain in the morning sometimes that i put down to growing pains...

blinks Mon 22-Nov-10 22:13:24

oh and how often do they need to change the insoles if their feet are growing all the time?

so many questions!

hogshead Mon 22-Nov-10 22:15:56

in some areas you might be referred to an Orthotist rather than podiatrist depending on commissioning etc. A medial arch support will usually last a size change but they should recall you to check

MarshaBrady Mon 22-Nov-10 22:17:39

Yes ds pain in the middle of might rather than when walking (although he would get tired).

But he has v skinny legs and quite bad rolling / flat foot so probably affects him a bit. Seems to have improved with insoles.

Took a few weeks. We change every few shoe changes. Although have been waiting ages for app...

blinks Mon 22-Nov-10 22:22:37

cool.

i'll get on the case this week then. thanks lovely ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now