Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Has anyone got a child who has (does?) bruxism please?

(6 Posts)
ItalianLady Mon 22-Nov-10 16:21:26

Initial thread

ragged Mon 22-Nov-10 19:03:26

You mean teeth grinding? I think that there are a lot of previous threads on it. I was a chronic teeth grinder, my guard is quite uncomfy so am just lumbering along. My parents never did anything about it.

ItalianLady Mon 22-Nov-10 19:52:48

Yes, I will be getting her a guard as soon as she is old enough. I had one but for some stupid reason threw it out when I was tidying.

krisskross Mon 22-Nov-10 19:58:46

hi there
just looked at previous thread. I started tooth grininding when doing teacher training few years back. i was completely unaware of it- but very aware of terrible headaches all over my head, thought they were stress induced. eventually a sensible dentist sent me to the dental hospital who agreed with first dentist- made a guard and as long as i wear it if i feel stressed its fine (ive literally chewed through 4 of them).
dentist said if i was ever aware of doing it in day to put my tongue resting between top and bottom teeth so i couldnt grind.

its v odd with the headaches beacuse they dont feel related to the jaw- but generally they dont occur with the guard so must be it.
other advice was- no chewing gum, no chewing pens, no toffees etc.
Good luck!

krisskross Mon 22-Nov-10 20:00:19

ps never put a guard in a steriliser....you prob wouldnt be stupid enough to but i was, £60 quid nicely melted.....blush

ItalianLady Mon 22-Nov-10 20:03:19

Oops.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: