Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Calpol - I only have the 6+ but need some for a 2 year old??

(8 Posts)
Janus Sat 20-Nov-10 19:41:41

can mostly see that it's much stronger, ie 250 compared to 120 of under 6 calpol.
DD3 has sprained wrist or dislocated wrist, dh just gone away for 12 days and I am on my own with the 3 of them so can't run out to supermarket tonight. Can I give a very small amount of over 6 calpol? I have ibruprofen so can give this but just want to double up as she is in some pain.
Can anyone help tonight?

Funkychunkymunky Sat 20-Nov-10 19:43:11

I wouldn't.

Could you ask a neighbour to go and get you some?

DaisySteiner Sat 20-Nov-10 19:47:11

We used to just work out the correct dosage of 6+.

LilRedWG Sat 20-Nov-10 19:49:08

TBH, if you suspect a dislocated wrist she needs medical attention tonight.

tiredemma Sat 20-Nov-10 19:49:31

250mg in 5ml? why not give 2.5mls?

NewHouseNewLife Sat 20-Nov-10 19:50:33

I would give half the dose, ie, so would give 2.5mls of the 6+.

We have done this with my DS when he was under 6 as a preference as we had great difficulty getting it into him, so usingthe 6+, only had to get half as much in!

Janus Sat 20-Nov-10 20:09:23

Thanks, will give less than half just to be on safe side.
I have been to A&E who have told me for next 48 hours to just give medicine and we have to go back on Monday to see what has happened over weekend. They tried to manipulate it but nothing happened so probably more likely to be a sprain but just need to get through tonight without dragging them all out the house again. Shall be a chemist in morning so just a temporary measure.
Thanks for the replies, at least I know I have something to work on, gonna be a long night!!

LilRedWG Sat 20-Nov-10 20:12:14

Poor little thing. I hope that you all get some sleep tonight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: