Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

waiting to find out if 3yo has cancer

(73 Posts)
Divster Tue 16-Nov-10 19:55:54

My 3 year old daughter has just had a huge operation to remove a urachal cyst last Wednesday. It was to size of a melon,and had adhered to her bladder and front wall. She is still in hospital till at least Saturday. Bladder had to be cut and they had to leave 20% of the cyst in.she is being so brave.

Anyone offer any advice on how to cope? They said at first it would be a few days till we find out,but mow they are saying Friday. This is worrying me even more as it'd taking longer

Galena Tue 16-Nov-10 19:57:15

Oh goodness! What a worry! No advice I'm afraid, just lots of good wishes...

orienteerer Tue 16-Nov-10 19:57:18

I'm sorry I can't add any practical advice but my thoughts are with you.

motherinferior Tue 16-Nov-10 20:00:32

I am so sorry you are having to go through this. The only practical suggestion I can make at the moment is to phone the Clic Sargent helpline which will be open at 9am tomorrow.

motherinferior Tue 16-Nov-10 20:01:28

Cancer Research UK also has a helpline, but friends whose children have cancer tell me that it's better to talk to a specific children's one.

motherinferior Tue 16-Nov-10 20:02:38

This organisation might be good too. I like their press people very much.

Divster Tue 16-Nov-10 20:26:09

Thank you very much for those links

motherinferior Tue 16-Nov-10 20:39:52

I have only found this study, but it does suggest that the likelihood of cancer is pretty low. Obviously that doesn't help what you're going through at the moment, though.

herbietea Tue 16-Nov-10 20:42:27

Message withdrawn

mypombearisveryold Tue 16-Nov-10 20:46:13

Sorry no advice but lots of best wishes.

lisad123isgoingcrazy Tue 16-Nov-10 20:47:45

only experience here is in blood cancers but thinking of you loads x

mummynoseynora Tue 16-Nov-10 20:51:31

hey Divster ... I "know" you .... from days gone by when our DDs were born nearly the same time (couple of weeks different in the end)

Hope you are managing to cope, you read like you are being amazingly strong on fb

xx

Divster Tue 16-Nov-10 21:15:49

I am a swan! Xx

Hassled Tue 16-Nov-10 21:18:05

I can't imagine how you must be feeling - will be thinking of you.

SparklyJules Tue 16-Nov-10 21:25:29

You must be in bits worrying for her, sending you strong positive vibes xx

mummynoseynora Tue 16-Nov-10 21:30:21

you are being a fantastic swan I did like that fb post... probably very apt - and very well done you managing to be that way and keep the family calm

x

Divster Wed 17-Nov-10 07:57:11

The swearing one? wink

The only time I cry is in the shower,when I stop to think. As the baby is staying with me as we have a room,I am just too busy to let myself think.

Its been so hard being so far away from home too,but my local hospital is only a general, so we are in the Leicester royal infirmary. The nurses here are wonderful though.

InmyheadIminParis Wed 17-Nov-10 08:00:43

I'll be thinking of you, too. You sound as though you're being amazing.

maltesers Wed 17-Nov-10 09:44:58

So sorry to hear this.......I know what its like. My son had Tracheal reconstruction in Great Ormond Street when he was 18 months and b 4 that a Tracheotomy in his airway. We nearly lost he 3 x.
I am sending you massive big <<<<hugs>>>> and support through this awful time. Stay strong and dont give up hope. I hope also that little one is comfortable and I am sure she is surrounded with your love. Please keep us posted.
Best Wishes to you both.
God Bless !! xxxxxx

AitchTwoOh Wed 17-Nov-10 09:47:27

it sounds like you are both being very brave. i hope the news you get is the news you need. i will say a wee prayer.

sarah293 Wed 17-Nov-10 09:50:12

Message withdrawn

mummynoseynora Wed 17-Nov-10 09:52:10

no the swan fb one.... although the swearing one was fab!

Bless you crying in the shower - how awful, but you are doing amazingly being strong in front of the kids.. is DS with you at the hotel too or are the older dd's looking after him ?

maltesers Wed 17-Nov-10 10:04:42

Crying isnt a sign of weakness. . .its good and healthy to sry and get it all out. . . .Dont keep feeling all bottled up . . its not good......... hugs XXX

Divster Wed 17-Nov-10 13:07:57

No I am staying with Ruby in lily's room, its working out really well,and I am getting all my meals as I am breast feeding Ruby,even though Ruby isn't the patient.

No results still today sigh.

Thank you everyone, its nice to have somewhere I can say how I really feel x

mummynoseynora Wed 17-Nov-10 14:00:00

ahhh so DH home now ?

argh to no results - complete F*ing nightmare - as dd would say wink grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: