Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this a viral rash

(8 Posts)
dounutbrain Tue 16-Nov-10 15:23:40

DD had high temp friday and convulsion,been off her food and tired.
Hospital said it was viral infection.
Yesterday she started eating again lots more energy and temp nearly gone,but today she has a pink rash behind her ears on her stomach and back but other wise fine.

Phoned doctor but he thinks its a viral rash.

Anybodys dc had this ?
Thanks smile

sazlocks Tue 16-Nov-10 15:26:24

yes my DS1 had this and he was SOOOOOO grumpy before he had it and then pretty much fine once the rash came out. He did see a GP because I had no idea what it was and I was told it was a viral rash. I think it took about 3-4 days to disappear.

PuppyMonkey Tue 16-Nov-10 15:27:23

You done that glass test thing? If the spots disappear it's nowt to worry about but if they don't could be meningitis?

I would take to the doctors again either way I reckon. Nobody will mind with a child.

dounutbrain Tue 16-Nov-10 15:34:33

Thanks for reply strange the rash comes out once they are better.

And yes have done glass test and doctor on phone said press it and see if it dissapears and it does. Thanks for info though.

Indith Tue 16-Nov-10 15:36:16

My ds used to come out in a viral rash at the drop of a hat, we got good at recognising it! Usually, if a rash blanches when pressed then it is fine but of course if you are concerend it is always best to take her in, especially if it is something you have not experienced before.

queenofboak Tue 16-Nov-10 15:37:09

Could it be this

sazlocks Tue 16-Nov-10 15:38:16

That's what my DS had - really common apparently

dounutbrain Tue 16-Nov-10 15:52:36

Thanks for that it could be will see how she is tonight as she has been fine all day.
It does sound very simlar to
rosela though.
If she still had the temp and sleeping all the time I would have gone straight back to hospital when rash appeared.

Thankyou for your replys smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: