Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

8 months old not well/crying constantly

(3 Posts)
rainbowcat Tue 16-Nov-10 10:30:05

I think she just has cold. Had temperature for about 2 - 3 days. It has subsided today but just constant whinging, crying, not wanting to be put down now has me near the edge. She will cry even if I carry her non stop. I'm just completely worn out. any good ideas please. I have been holding her non stop except when she sleeps at night for about 3 days now WITH crying.....about to go nuts. help me calm down.

liamsdaddy Tue 16-Nov-10 10:43:07

You might want to consider having the Doctor check her out just to be safe.

But this sounds very much like teething. Is there any constant drooling/biting going on? If it is teething then you might want to try some Parsons Powders/Teetha Powder* and possibly some Ibroprofen based painkiller (Ibroprofen is a anti-inflammitary).

But you still might want to check her out. Teething often comes with ear infections (my nephew had one for almost every tooth) and you will want the Doctor to check that.

*Try a few different things. Only Teetha worked for my DS, but our neighbour found Parsons was better for her DD.

rainbowcat Tue 16-Nov-10 14:09:57

thanks. I called the doctor and they will call me back today. She also vomits everything she eats at the moment so not very pleasant. I heard that there is sick bug going around so that could be it. I'm feeling run down at the moment as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: