Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this right? Please see photo on profile.

(17 Posts)
CrankyTwanky Sat 13-Nov-10 22:11:44

The top pic on my profile is my ds when he was about 3 months old.

I thought his feet were funny, but thought it was just a baby thing.

He has club foot doesn't he?sad
Whaddya think?

I feel like an absolute knob that I've only just thought to be concerned.blush

Cheers.

MadameCastafiore Sat 13-Nov-10 22:13:53

Need a more closer photo!

pooka Sat 13-Nov-10 22:14:11

I looked but couldn't really make it out - both feet look the same to me in your top photo.

GingerGlitterGoddess Sat 13-Nov-10 22:15:05

TBH I can't really see his feet properly, the pic is pretty small when you look at it and can't be zoomed in on. Surely if he had club foot someone would have noticed, at his 8wk check for example? You must be worried though, I hope he is fine.

pooka Sat 13-Nov-10 22:15:18

The angle the feet at seen from not great for making out the features of the feet. Nothing jumping out at me (apart from he's chubbly lovely).

GingerGlitterGoddess Sat 13-Nov-10 22:15:29

Crop pic and repost!

pooka Sat 13-Nov-10 22:15:49

yy - surely at checks something would have been picked up??

booyhoo Sat 13-Nov-10 22:15:53

it looks ever so slightly like a club foot. are we talking his right?

booyhoo Sat 13-Nov-10 22:17:42

ignore me. ive just had another look and i don't think it does look liek it. although the pic is small and i agree it would have been picked up on at check ups.

CrankyTwanky Sat 13-Nov-10 22:21:52

Yes his right foot seems worse.

I'll try to crop the pic. It's on my other laptop though.

He's 7 months now.
TBH there was a bit of a fuck up with the paed check when he was born.
He was giggling and squirming during his GP check.

Sigh. I mentioned it to dh a while ago, and he said "oh I'm sure you're over anxious." But today I was trying to put booties on him and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't go on.confused
Dimwit.

elephantpoo Sat 13-Nov-10 22:25:50

my sisters dd has talipes. it was diagnosed when my sister went for her second scan whilst pregnant with dn. if you're really concerned talk to your gp.

PlumBumMum Sat 13-Nov-10 22:30:35

Can you crop it is hard to see, although I was also looking at right foot, he is beautiful, and what a fish!

CrankyTwanky Sat 13-Nov-10 22:34:13

Thanks for your replies.

I will take another pic tomorrow.

I think I will take him to the GP, 'poo.
HVs are a bit lame around this way. I think he has tounge-tie too, which they didn't pick up on even when my nipple nearly fell off!

I have googled it (something I usually avoid lest I panic) and it is not as servere as some photos I've seen but it deffo looks like it.

I just feel so foolish for thinking "ha! he has feet like a lobster!" but not twigging!
Knobber.

beckie222 Sat 13-Nov-10 23:41:51

My DD was born with club feet (both right and left)
The picture is unclear but to me it doesn't look like how hers looked before they were corrected.
I will check back tomorrow for a better pic and let you know what I think.

bruffin Sun 14-Nov-10 00:08:56

Can't see the picture very well, but my DD was born with positional talipes. This is caused by the feet being squashed in the womb and is not structual. It just a couple of weeks of massaging her feet to correct it.

DD had it in both feet and it was a lot more obvious, both her feet were turned inwards at a funny angle.
When she was learning to walk we kept her in ankle boots as much as possible to support her ankles, but she has had no problems since.

JenniferCanesten Sun 14-Nov-10 20:07:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JenniferCanesten Sun 14-Nov-10 20:10:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: