Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Non sicky newborn just projectile vomited - should I worry?

(8 Posts)
Bumperlicious Wed 10-Nov-10 09:39:06

Dd2 is 7 weeks and end. She has only every been sick once but has just vomitted quite a lot. Should I worry? Dd1 wasn't a sicky baby either so I'm not quite sure about it (toddler sick on the other hand I am well used to!).

blinks Wed 10-Nov-10 09:49:08

if it continues, yes she should be checked over.

Quiltingmoomin Wed 10-Nov-10 13:06:25

Hey Bumper how are you? Go and see the doctor if you are unsure - they don't mind when its babies - I'm off to ours this afternoon becasue DS2 keeps pv'ing too. Good luck. See you next week maybe?

onepieceoflollipop Wed 10-Nov-10 13:07:48

ring GP. Explain to receptionist that you would like to speak to a GP, suggest to him/her that you would be happy to talk to GP on the phone initially if that is an option.

Bumperlicious Wed 10-Nov-10 13:57:41

Thanks for the replies. nothing since and she seems happy enough. it was just a bit of a shock as i have never had sicky babies.

Hi QM, sorry i didnt get back to you about half term. we were pretty busy between nursery days in the end. hopefully see you next week. you know there is a mn meet up this saturday?

GingerGlitterGoddess Wed 10-Nov-10 14:05:10

My DD was never a sicky baby but did this once, mega vom all over me, her and the nursing chair. I actually think it was just her gag reflex as she didn't bat an eyelash! Hope your DD is ok

EdgarAirbombPoe Wed 10-Nov-10 14:07:52

my DD2 did this every day, once a day.

twice or more i'd have been worried, but once..not.

i thought she was just feeding for comfort, then being overfull and giving me the whole lot back! Little bless. Obviously i needed to do more washing..how kind of her to provide me with it.

Quiltingmoomin Thu 11-Nov-10 04:24:16

oh yes, DS2 is similarly kind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now