Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Constipation in 2 year old

(5 Posts)
bebejones Sat 14-Aug-10 16:01:02

As title says my just 2 year old DD hasn't had a poo since Tuesday! She is very active drinks alot, eats plenty of fruit (grapes & apple mostly) rasins & dried apricots & also has wholemeal bread & cheerios (wholegrain). Anyone got any suggestions how I can 'get things moving'?

We aren't potty training so I know it's not fear of using the potty. She used to be a bit retentive hmm as a baby & was prescribed lactulose by GP, just a bit reluctant to go down that route without trying other options first!

Thank you!

IlooklikeGrotbagstoday Sat 14-Aug-10 16:20:20

Orange Juice and wait for the explosion

bebejones Sat 14-Aug-10 17:37:31

Thanks, have given her about 1/3 a glass of OJ. She has had some prunes & is currently tucking into some stewed prunes & pears! Think DH will be doing the nappy! wink

Sariska Sat 14-Aug-10 17:47:27

If the oj and prunes don't work you could try peppermint tea. I use it quite a lot with my 2 yo in an attempt to avoid the lactulose.

bebejones Sat 14-Aug-10 18:07:37

Thanks for the tips! I think we may have a result here! I will bear peppermint tea in mind, although I'm not sure I'd be able to get the fussy little madam to drink it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now