Talk

Advanced search

christening present for a boy - any ideas?

(7 Posts)
cluccles Mon 02-Nov-09 16:13:36

am looking to buy a 'classic' children's book for my friend's DS whose christening it is next month, any ideas on what I could get? And if anyone has any tips on where I could find a hardback with nice illustrations that would be even better. Folio do nice hardbacks but don't want to have to become a member & commit to buying

TurkeyLurkey Mon 02-Nov-09 16:19:20

I have seen A Beatrix Potter set of all her childrens books in a case for around a tenner but can't think where - you could try googling. That makes a nice pressie.

Or how about "The Gruffalo" series, great to read aloud and fab pictures.

TurkeyLurkey Mon 02-Nov-09 16:21:29

Gruffalo Gift Set here on Amazon

TurkeyLurkey Mon 02-Nov-09 16:23:47

Beatrix Potter set here

cluccles Mon 02-Nov-09 16:28:24

thank you, might go for the gruffalo but will have to check in case he has it first..

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 16:31:16

One of my boys was given a hardbacked illustrated treasury of stories which he has read and read. There are some stories, some poems and are aimed at the very young and then for older children as the book progresses. Lovely illustrations and because there are lots of different contributors, it's a nice varied mix. I can't find it on amazon to give you a link as there are loads without images, but it's The Hutchinson Treasury of Children's Literature.

cluccles Tue 03-Nov-09 20:30:38

thanks DUBB

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now