Talk

Advanced search

Aren't the OLIVIA books fantastic?

(15 Posts)
Jujubean77 Wed 09-Sep-09 19:25:48

I really recommend them, they are really chic if that is possible to describe a kiddie's book!

Just hoping to afford the whole collection at Christmas or something..v pricey

TheFoosa Wed 09-Sep-09 19:29:26

is there more than one? never knew that

BonsoirAnna Wed 09-Sep-09 19:30:57

Oh they are totally wonderful, I so agree with you! I bought them for DD when she was tiny and read them to her over and over again - she just adored them!

BonsoirAnna Wed 09-Sep-09 19:31:33

Olivia's family is just so civilised smile

Jujubean77 Thu 10-Sep-09 08:49:05

I love the one where she sees the Jackson Pollock at the Museum grin they are just great.

Yes Foosa lots - check out Amazon...

RosieMBanks Thu 10-Sep-09 12:07:42

Yes, DD and I love Olivia - have you seen the website? Link

andlipsticktoo Thu 10-Sep-09 12:14:09

Olivia has to wear this really boring school uniform.........
but you can always accessorize!

Love them ,so funny.

andlipsticktoo Thu 10-Sep-09 12:16:18

Ooh thanks for the website link.

RosieMBanks Thu 10-Sep-09 12:23:29

I saw a great Olivia lunchbox being carried into school - metal, with a picture of Olivia on one side, and a blackboard on the other. Very cute. They are on Ebay, advertised as lunchboxes, or keepsake boxes.

nickelbabe Thu 10-Sep-09 12:30:34

i love the christmas one where she burns the dinner grin

Slubberdegullion Thu 10-Sep-09 12:33:55

We only have the original Olivia book, I'm slightly afraid to get any more in case they aren't nearly as good as the first one.

The pictures are so fantastic, I love the one of her carrying the cat, somehow the cat's disgruntlement at being hoicked about is conveyed perfectly.

The picture of her being firm is v funny.

Thanks for the link, although it is quite full on, in the things to make section I clicked on how to make the quilt, and it is literally how to make a quilt.

CarmelitaMiggs Thu 10-Sep-09 12:39:00

OK so it's not as good as the books but Olivia cartoon is on C5 Milkshake at weekends

RosieMBanks Thu 10-Sep-09 13:19:32

Hadn't seen that Slubberdegullion...hmm, and of course you'd need to buy the special Olivia fabric...
We do things like the painting game, colouring etc...
By the way, we have the original Olivia book, plus Olivia Saves the Circus and Oliva Helps with Christmas - all excellent.
The Christmas one is a special treat....ideal as a stocking filler. "'Twas the day before Christmas. Olivia and her family had been out all morning, busy with last minute shopping. Oliva was exhausted, yet there was still so much to do..."

Jujubean77 Thu 10-Sep-09 13:36:18

Oh the website is fab - seems the Illustrator is very New York High society which does explain the references in the books.

I also like the cartoon v much

MrsSantosisafeminist Thu 10-Sep-09 13:38:47

Yes they are nice, very arty and probably wouldn't have found them but for a much more "cultured" friend who gave one to DD grin. There is a cartoon version too but I think it is on one of the commercial channels. My kids don't know they exist up to now which saves me being pestered for things advertised grin Twill all change when the older one starts school, I know!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now