Talk

Advanced search

DS LOVES AA Milne, when we were very young. He is 17 months, can you recommend anything else similar

(12 Posts)
BumptiousandBustly Fri 04-Sep-09 15:43:16

DS simply loves it, and not just the really rythmic repetative poems either, but all of them.

Can you recommend anything else similar that he might like?

He is 17 months old.

pranma Sat 05-Sep-09 16:59:05

The other volume of AA Milne 'Now we are 6' has some lovely stuff not too dissimilar.

franklymydear Sat 05-Sep-09 17:05:16

lol

KnickersandVests Sat 05-Sep-09 17:05:55

Shirley Hughes does some lovely poems, stories and illustrations for little ones and bigger one too actually.

Give her a try too.

franklymydear Sat 05-Sep-09 17:06:44

many many kids books are rythmic rhymes

The Gruffalo
A Squash and a Squeeze
Fix-it Duck

(still laughing at "He is 17 months old")

Corporalcornsilk Sat 05-Sep-09 17:14:42

I second Shirley Hughes. Also 'This is the Bear'. <chuckle at 17 months old>

RustyBear Sat 05-Sep-09 17:17:15

frankly - why are you laughing at 17 months old? Both my two loved me reading rhymes to them at that age, why do you find it strange?

AS Knickers&Vests says, Shirley Hughes 'Nursery' series is great - 'Two Shoes, New Shoes' was DS's absolute favourite, DD loved 'Bathwater's Hot'

franklymydear Sat 05-Sep-09 17:21:35

I'm laughing at the "DS LOVES AA Milne" title ending in the he is 17 onths old

of course your children loved reading rhymes to them at that age - they all do - it just sounded a bit adult / older child response to a specific author and tickled me

Corporalcornsilk Sat 05-Sep-09 17:21:36

Rustybear I don't think it's funny to read to a 17 month old - just that the way he OP has included the info I find quite sweet. I was reading Beatrix Potter to ds1 from about 2 weeks!

RustyBear Sat 05-Sep-09 17:25:39

Oh, I see. I suppose it didn't really register with me as unusual as I used to be a librarian & it seems kind of normal to mention an author's name when talking about a book.

BumptiousandBustly Mon 07-Sep-09 12:45:06

I was just worried that people would think this was some PFB thing. I mentioned AA Milne as its the only book of poetry we have (not the only book I hasten to add). Thankyou very much for the suggestions - am going poetry shopping today! smile

applejuiceradio Wed 09-Sep-09 21:08:53

There's a NEW Pooh book coming out next month - an "authorised sequel" - although who knows how much it will be like Pooh Corner, etc. Calling Return to the Hundred Acre Wood...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now