Talk

Advanced search

The Little Prince - what age range is this aimed at?

(8 Posts)
Snowstorm Thu 03-Sep-09 14:43:07

DD's are 5 and 6. Gave it a go last year when they got given it for Christmas but quickly sensed it was somewhat beyond them!

Snowstorm Thu 03-Sep-09 18:23:16

Bump.

paisleyleaf Thu 03-Sep-09 18:24:43

I read it as a young adult. I'm not sure - I'd have to re read it to remember.

mimsum Thu 03-Sep-09 18:53:42

adults! it's not really a children's book at all

slowreadingprogress Thu 03-Sep-09 19:14:49

yes, agree it's an adults thing really...my ds was bored out of his tree by this book!

I have to admit I found it all rather 'conscious' and twee tbh.

policywonk Thu 03-Sep-09 19:27:14

It's interesting that people are saying it's an adult's book - that had never occurred to me. My brother read it as a child (he was probably around 8/9) and absolutely loved it. I read it at a similar age and couldn't stand it. Think it might be as much about temperament as age - my brother always liked those slightly woozy, abstract children's books (Where the Wild Things Are was another favourite) whereas I was more a Famous Five type.

PortAndLemon Thu 03-Sep-09 19:45:28

Adults, really. I read it in my early teens, I think.

Snowstorm Thu 03-Sep-09 21:02:28

Ah, okay - thank you so much for all your replies. Was bought for the DD's by a friend's mother and the friend said she'd loved it when she was a child. Didn't give it the once over before I started reading it to the DD's but once I started reading it I began to wonder about the age range it was opposed to appeal to, as it wasn't doing a lot for me DC!

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now