Talk

Advanced search

Jolly Postman or Jolly christmas Postman, which do you prefer?

(11 Posts)
deaconblue Wed 02-Sep-09 19:24:23

thinking of getting one for Father Christmas to bring ds but not sure whether the Christmas one will be as good?

southeastastra Wed 02-Sep-09 19:30:28

can't think of many postmen who would be jolly at chistmas grin

NoahFence Wed 02-Sep-09 19:31:00

ds3 only liked JOlly postman aat about 5 tbh - the letters are pretty long and languagey

brimfull Wed 02-Sep-09 19:31:59

we have both

xmas one is lovely ,buy him that one for run up to xmas and get the other for xmas day grin

deaconblue Wed 02-Sep-09 19:46:09

He had this week the Little Red Train book with maps, postcards etc in Duffy Driver's satchel and absolutely loves it. Am looking for something similar.
Just reread first sentence and the grammar is shocking - apologies

ThingOne Wed 02-Sep-09 19:55:41

We love, love, love the Jolly Christmas Postman. We start getting the Christmassy stories out on 1st December and put them away on 12th Night. The JCP gets read the most. DS1 started being keen the Christmas he was three. We did have to shorten some bits. Now we can't.

RhinestoneCowgirl Wed 02-Sep-09 19:59:21

I found a copy of the JCP in a charity shop with all the bits, and DS had it for Christmas last year (at 2.5yrs). He's just started getting into it recently, although I do edit a bit when I read it. He loves the little bits that go in the envelopes, especially the Wolf Spotters Guide.

NoahFence Wed 02-Sep-09 19:59:55

no its way ahead of duffy
try percy park

deaconblue Wed 02-Sep-09 20:01:34

we have all the Percy stories. He listens to quite long stories very happily.

NoahFence Wed 02-Sep-09 20:02:42

yes but in the jolly postmen those letters are LOSt on them - one is a legal type one that he jsut wont get regardless of lenght of conentration

deaconblue Wed 02-Sep-09 20:03:59

ok come to my other thread and give me another suggestion of book with letters and bits and pieces.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now