Talk

Advanced search

Good book to answer why things are the way they are for a 3 year old

(6 Posts)
StripeySuit Sat 29-Aug-09 16:08:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

preciouslillywhite Sat 29-Aug-09 22:19:04

I take it you already have a children's Bible??

<folds hands in lap>

NinjaRain Sat 29-Aug-09 22:28:52

I have looked at this book for my 4 yo. He is a boy and in firm toliet humour. But i know there is a number of similar types of books, and it covers far more then just the title type of stuff.

I am also looking at the new scientist books like why dont polar bears get lonely? as he is a pest for his originality for questions and is outsmarting me faster then i can come up with answers.

Batteries as like tubes of marbles. when you put them in a machine the marbles move around it until there are none left in the battery tube. It is the igmainary marbles that get turned into light/noise but the machine/toy/etc. This explaination satisified my son.

Watch out for the moon as it is often out in the day. i used a ball, sticky spot and a torch to show how you could see the 'sun' sometimes but not others as you turned the ball. Hence day and night. Moon was another ball/thing moved round ball. If yuo have good hand eye brain then you can do all three and explain why moon can be seen in day.

ANy help? grin

Just be truthfull. if you dont know arent sure say "I need to look that up and will tell you later" buys time to 1 think, 2. go mad, and 3. ask on here/google.
grin it plus sets them up for School and the fact that teachers dont know everything shockgrin

NinjaRain Sat 29-Aug-09 22:30:20

sorry assumed for your dc. Might need adapting if a gift for someone else.

Pandoraneedsbugs Sat 29-Aug-09 22:32:12

Usbornes book 'first experiences' may answer some of those questions

Try looking at the book people website to see if they have any good sets of science books for littluns atm - ds has a kingfisher first science set which is good (try amazon for that one)

StripeySuit Sun 30-Aug-09 09:30:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: