Talk

Advanced search

Urgent I need some audio cd books for 5(nearly 6) and 4 year olds!

(19 Posts)
MilaMae Fri 24-Jul-09 18:36:38

2 days travelling through France-say no more!!!!

bigchris Fri 24-Jul-09 18:40:15

have you tried the library? do you want actual cds or recommendations?
if boys horrid henry are good
julia donaldson does all hers on cd, snail in the whale etc

SofiaAmes Fri 24-Jul-09 18:41:44

The Tale of Despereax (sp?) read by the author is FANTASTIC. My two (6 and 8) listened to it without interruption from Los Angeles to San Francisco (about 6 hours). They also really like the Magic Tree House series on audiobook.

TheChilliMooseSpeaksTheTruth Fri 24-Jul-09 18:48:16

I have a set of Roald Dahl CDs if they are any good to you. We've never actually used them.

hercules1 Fri 24-Jul-09 18:49:21

Library. We always stock up before a long drive.

pointydog Fri 24-Jul-09 18:56:33

When the dds were roughly that age, we loved listening to The Invisible Dog by Dick King-Smith (and we are not normally huge Dick fans). Great story.

Also Jacqueline Wilson's Mark Spark is a nice story.

FritesMenthe Fri 24-Jul-09 19:00:51

Yes, library. DC have ipod shuffles (courtesy of a generous friend), and I've loaded library CDs onto it to save DH & I haveing to listen as well.

Loads of previous threads on this BTW, if you want to search for titles.

MilaMae Sat 25-Jul-09 19:15:26

Got 2 Horrid Henry's on offer in Smiths,off to the library next week.

Chillimoose interested in the RD'sgrinHow much did you want for them, and which ones were they?

Many thanks allgrin

Scootergrrrl Sat 25-Jul-09 19:17:20

You can downloads loads of free stuff from iTunes if you have an iPod and iTrip for the car.

FritesMenthe Sun 26-Jul-09 18:27:57

anyone know how to find the free stuff on itunes please?

bran Sun 26-Jul-09 18:32:41

Did anyone else snigger just a little at Pointydog not being a huge dick fan? grin (I have a very immature sense of humour.blush)

I'm off to have a search for previous recommendations as I have a possible long trip at the end of the summer.

FritesMenthe Sun 26-Jul-09 18:35:43

<snigger>
I've just added Mr Majeika and Jimmy Zest to my library, courtesy of the local library CD collection.

Scootergrrrl Sun 26-Jul-09 19:01:08

It's mostly podcasts on iTunes - CBeebies do a podcast every week which you just subscribe to on the podcasts page and there are lots more on there - look for StoryNory or the Puffin Podcast.

FritesMenthe Sun 26-Jul-09 19:51:45

Thank you, will have a look around.

useful link here for how to download an audio CD, keeping the tracks together.

JiminyCricket Sun 26-Jul-09 20:16:48

Haven't listened yet but have just bought famous five (amazon selling lots of 'double cd' boxed sets) and a set of the Julia McDonaldson ones (is that her name) the gruffalo, smartest giant, whale and snail etc. If you can get them on an ipod its great because you can just put them all on a continuous playlist and they can dip in and out when they want.

pointydog Sun 26-Jul-09 22:30:15

well spotted (dick), bran. It's not all for nothing wink

Rosko Fri 07-Aug-09 14:35:40

Message withdrawn

Rosko Fri 07-Aug-09 14:36:44

Message withdrawn

applejuiceradio Mon 14-Sep-09 20:11:05

Hey - sorry I missed this thread when it was current, but we just came from driving around France and got one of those attachments for the iPod so we could listen - the Storynory stuff went down really well! We listened to a couple of stories called The Wicked Uncle which were great fun. Also - just heard that you can get a free Horrid Henry audio download if you buy a jar of Marmite...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now