Talk

Advanced search

Books with ideas/inspiration for technical lego

(6 Posts)
Takver Sun 05-Jul-09 16:01:37

Have also posted in Products, wasn't sure where would be best .. . basically we have inherited a big pile of technical lego and I'm looking for some ideas/inspiration to help make the most of it. Would be happy to buy a book or whatever . . . dd has some little lego booklet thingys passed on from small BiL with pics of animals, random household items etc & she uses them a lot for ideas & variations on a theme

Seeline Mon 06-Jul-09 14:26:58

If you go to the lego website you can down load some of the instruction booklets (ours are always getting lost!). You might find something of interest there.

Takver Mon 06-Jul-09 18:28:18

Many thanks - will give it a go. I was just wondering out of laziness if there were any books with lots of stuff in one place!

Out of interest how old are your dcs? I am wondering if dd is still a bit young for the technical lego really (she is 7).

Seeline Tue 07-Jul-09 11:25:45

We haven't actually got any of the Technic stuff - DS is really into the pirates/agents/mars mission stuff as well as Bionicles. He is 71/2, but has been managing sets a year or so older than his age for several years now. I think the more simple technic stuff starts at 7 so she should be ok.
Check out the website here

Takver Tue 07-Jul-09 11:33:32

Hmm, have had a look around, but it all is very car/truck oriented. Unhelpfully dd has and always has had zero interest in cars (although spaceships & tractors are cool) - but I am sure that it must be possible to make other things with this stuff! (Thinking articulated animals/dinosaurs etc.) Perhaps we will just have to improvise

I think I might also have to have a search on the web for some old stuff reprinted, DH thinks that quite a few of the components have changed over the years, our box must date from the 70s or 80s.

Anyway, thank you for the link, I am sure we will make some fun stuff !

Takver Wed 08-Jul-09 21:23:56

Aha, I have found a cool book with loads of stuff in it here. A bit too advanced for dd atm but I think will hit the spot for the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now