Talk

Advanced search

Kirikou - available in english?

(10 Posts)
PaulaYatesBiggestFan Sun 07-Jun-09 22:07:26

I am looking to buy these lovely stories but cannot find them apart from in France ( so i am assuming French)

anyone have them or any advice?

peanutbutterkid Mon 08-Jun-09 13:17:25

We got film (in English) on dvd from the library, any help?

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Mon 08-Jun-09 20:43:31

thaankyou peanut - we do have the film but am so taken with it i would love the books

do you like it?

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Mon 08-Jun-09 20:43:37

thaankyou peanut - we do have the film but am so taken with it i would love the books

do you like it?

LaundryFairy Mon 08-Jun-09 21:02:06

I don't think the books (also written by Michel Ocelot, the film's writer) have been published in English.

But if you like his work (like we do) I can highly recommend Azur and Asmar The Princes' Quest. One of my favorite animated films of all time.

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Mon 08-Jun-09 21:08:11

thankyou laundry and yes we have just discovered the princes quest

Jux Mon 08-Jun-09 21:23:42

Abe Books list loads but in French. Are you bilingual? My mum always used to read the Tin Tin and Asterix books to us - they were in French but she translated.

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Mon 08-Jun-09 21:25:47

bilingual??? if only !!wink

no just english sadly - just love all things french!

peanutbutterkid Tue 09-Jun-09 14:24:22

I love the film, Paula. It was a firm fave with DC 3 or 4 years ago. I like the harshness of it (implied about the people's lives), not polished and happy-dappy like so many kiddy films.

PaulaYatesBiggestFan Tue 09-Jun-09 22:04:08

i agree peanutbutter not schmultzy!

i loved the whole beauty of the film and my children who were watching aged from 16 to 3 ALL loved it and were transfixed

shame i cannot get the books

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now