Talk

Advanced search

Jacqueline Wilson for young readers

(5 Posts)
tigermeow Wed 21-Jan-09 20:46:54

DD has just read her first Jacqueline Wilson book (The Dinosaur Lunch or something). She loved it and now wants to read more. On the inside cover were some 'if you liked this book, why not try...'. There were 4 listed and she'd like to read them all. I have no idea what would be suitable for a very young reader. She liked the pictures and the funny story. She is very keen on looking out for the 'Cat Mummy' now. I know that JW addresses some issues that I don't want her to read about just yet so has she written anything else for younger kids?
Many thanks.

PuzzleRocks Wed 21-Jan-09 21:12:42

Bumping for you.

lljkk Wed 21-Jan-09 21:19:19

Her website sorts books by suitability for age (I guess that's what the age guide means, anyway).
How old your DD tigermeow?

lljkk Wed 21-Jan-09 21:34:52

Ah darnit, just realised that link I gave is rubbish (not specific to just JW, sorry).
You could ask in a local library, they may be able to advise (and point out lots of other suitable books).

tigermeow Wed 21-Jan-09 21:58:04

I just signed up into JW website. Within that I found some recommended books for each age. For 5-7 the books are 'Dinosaur Lunch' and 'Monster Story Teller'.
The content of the 7-9 books is way way too old so I'll hunt for the 'Monster Story Teller'.
lljkk- thanks for the link, I saw a new Magic TreeHouse book that she will love.
Trying to find books that match age, maturity and reading levels is so hard. She has just read some 'My naughty little sister' books which she loved. I'm trying to persuad her to read a few more 'Rainbow Fairy' books, she read some about a year ago but the interest has now gone. Books like 'Sky the unwanted kitten' (supermarket books) appeal to her now!
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now