Talk

Advanced search

Individual Books v Compilations

(11 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Tue 21-Oct-08 21:40:32

Weird question but can't decide to get DS the individual Harry and the Dinasours books or the hardback one which has 5 in it.

Do any of you have a preference re individual books or larger compliations???

Psst - for those of you who are also after Harry, The Book People have all 10 for 9.99!!!!

dingdong05 Wed 22-Oct-08 13:23:05

I prefer individual books for 2 reasons:
1: compilations are bigger and heavier, and are therefore awkward and
2: if you re-read books as often as we do then they tend to get dog eared quite quickly (esp if you keep dropping the big compilations ) and its easier and cheaper to replace one story

I may just have to check out The Book People....

LadyGlencoraPalliser Wed 22-Oct-08 13:24:35

Individual books every time. The compilations tend to be unwieldy and therefore less read IME.

YohoAhoy Wed 22-Oct-08 13:25:47

dingdong's posted exactly what I was going to say

Would also add that if one or two stories become favourites, dragging a great big book around can be a pain.

bozza Wed 22-Oct-08 13:26:11

agree with dingdong. Have deliberately bought DS box set of Narnia (off book people btw!) rather than a one volume jobbie.

Remember reading LOTR and it was a pain because one volume. Fortunately was pg though so could rest it on the bump. smile

littlelapin Wed 22-Oct-08 13:26:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RubberDuck Wed 22-Oct-08 13:28:18

Yep, I went and bought loads of compilations (thomas tank, etc) and they were all untouched pretty much.

Individual books dog-eared from being read so much. I'd never buy a compilation for a young child again.

littlelapin Wed 22-Oct-08 13:30:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OllieWollieWoo Wed 22-Oct-08 15:55:04

Thanks v much for useful replies - individual books it is!!!!!

Tigerschick Wed 22-Oct-08 15:57:19

Agree about individula books - BTW Book People have the same deal for Charlie and Lola books - 10 books in a bag for £9.99

cmotdibbler Wed 22-Oct-08 16:11:20

You might also still be able to get the Happy Families Allan Ahlberg set - 20 books for 9.99 from the Book People. Fabulous value as ever from them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: