Talk

Advanced search

Story book about spectacle wearing ?

(7 Posts)
Looby34 Fri 17-Oct-08 14:17:51

Hi. Dd 2.5 will need to start wearing glasses soon and I hoped someone would be able to recommend a book about wearing specs ? She loves books so one suitable for slightly older children would still be OK as long as there are pictures too. All I have been able to find so far is a 'Winnie the Witch' book called 'Winnie Flies Again'...

bronze Fri 17-Oct-08 14:21:33

I think one of the Topsy and Tim ones had TAmsin? getting a pair of glasses.

mankyscotslass Fri 17-Oct-08 14:24:36

Try a book called Daft Dog by Colin and Jacqui Hawkins. THe dog makes lots if mistakes til someone relaises he needs glasses, then he turns out to be a clever hound that can read things!

Looby34 Sat 18-Oct-08 23:05:19

thanks for your advice !

RubyRioja Sat 18-Oct-08 23:14:33

There is one about BabyDuck who gets specs and finds she looks cute and enjoys being to see clearly.

PortAndDemon Sat 18-Oct-08 23:16:44

There's an old thread here where someone was looking for their 5yo DD.

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Sat 18-Oct-08 23:22:32

Have a look at Jane Ray's stuff.

A lot of her illustrations seem to feature people with either glasses or eye patches - I wondered whether one of her children has a visual mpairment, as it seems to be such a strong feature in her work.

Her books are beautiful, too - a real pleasure to look at, and very appealing to a litle girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now