Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Learning German

(6 Posts)
claricebean Wed 24-Sep-08 10:09:00

Does anyone know of any decent books to teach German? DH wants to start teaching DD1, who is 8, as we've found it impossible to find a class here and she won't get it at school. MIL is German. Does anyone have any experience of German text books for this age group? TIA

StormInanEcup Wed 24-Sep-08 16:05:48

Message withdrawn

annasmami Wed 24-Sep-08 22:16:10

I don't know any books 'teaching' German, but I order a lot of books/dvds/games from amazon.de for my 4 and 6 year olds. Another idea is German satellite tv and/or German Saturday Schools (there are about 12 in UK).

claricebean Thu 25-Sep-08 09:50:02

Thanks for your replies. Will have a look at Usborne, Storm. DH is a teacher and wants to keep lesson prep to a minimum so a book will be a good starting point. Haba games are a good idea. Annasmami, good idea about Amazon.de. We use the UK site a lot, but hadn't thought about the German one. We are in Spain, hence the lack of German classes - everyone here wants to learn English.

epsombooks Thu 25-Sep-08 13:42:23

Usborne Books do a great selection of books on learning German. Some have CD's to hear the language being spoken and others have stickers.

To see the whole range visit www.usborneonline.org/bevhorkan

claricebean Thu 25-Sep-08 15:22:31

Thanks for the link, epsom. I think I'll go down the Usborne route to start with and see how they go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now