Talk

Advanced search

Vegetable Glue by Susan Chandler

(6 Posts)
Sycamoretree Thu 18-Sep-08 15:58:22

Anyone else discovered the delights of this book? We just got it out from our local library (who must have been spending up end quarter cash or just been injecting with new quarter money!)It's fab. DD 3.1 is electing to have it read to her 3 times in a row at night time instead of 3 separate books!

It's funny, teaches kids the importance of eating veggies, and there is a particularly choice moment where the little girl does a "rude noise" and her bottom falls off. LOL. My DD is in hysterics every time.

Hire it, borrow it, buy it if you can.

Anyone else come across it?

Also loving Bog Baby by Jeane Willis and Gwen Millward

LostGirl Thu 18-Sep-08 19:57:47

We have both of these and love them, especially the bottom part in vegetable glue!

Badgermoose Fri 19-Sep-08 12:22:06

We have this and both mine (4.5 and 19mths) love it. Eldest said that DP was to stop eating vegetables as it would be a good thing if his bottom fell off (he is a bit on the windy side)grin

Sycamoretree Fri 19-Sep-08 20:09:32

blush badgermoose - I'm thinking DD could probably say the same thing about me!

KeelhaulCalifrau Fri 19-Sep-08 20:18:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheNaughtiestGirlKeepsaSecret Fri 19-Sep-08 20:23:39

Haven't heard of it, but if it could make my dc1 eat vegetables I'd buy a copy. She will eat carrots and peas and that's it, and even then, only with the promise of a bit of icecream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now