Talk

Advanced search

Good books for DD (4.5) suffering with nightmares

(5 Posts)
changer22 Tue 02-Sep-08 21:29:56

That's it really. She's a bright, seemingly gregarious soul but has always had a sensitive, slightly needy side. Now weeks away from starting school she's having nightmares and being very clingy in the day.

Any helpful books to read to her about dealing with demons? There's nothing specific going on as far as we can make out - no bullying, school stress (yet), so I'm just after some happy boosting stories.

Hulababy Tue 02-Sep-08 21:32:37

She could be feeling a bit nervous, even if unconciously, about school. You could lookfor books about that topic, probably easier tof ind too.

Have you thought of using a dream catcher?

My DD used to have a lot of night terros, as well as bad dreams. We introduced a dream catcher, with all the stories behind it about how it works. And it did seem to help her.

Mimsy2000 Tue 02-Sep-08 21:33:07

silly billy by anthony browne - little boy worries all the time and then his granny gives him worry dolls and he stops worrying. very sweet. maybe the worry dolls would help your lo?

changer22 Tue 02-Sep-08 22:00:23

Thank you both. I'd forgotten all about dream catchers and worry dolls. She will love those! Off shopping tomorrow...

Bluestocking Tue 02-Sep-08 22:06:02

I'm Coming to Get You is a good one - a horrid monster comes from outer space to get poor little Tommy - but turns out to be only the size of a pea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now