Talk

Advanced search

ant and bee books

(13 Posts)
poppy34 Wed 27-Aug-08 17:57:38

just remembered these as loved them as a kid... innocently went looking for them (as seem to be out of print) - but LOOk AT THE PRICE OF THEM!

ant and bee -are they made of gold!!???

any idea where I can pick up a decent copy for less than price of a new pushchair?

FiveGoMadInDorset Wed 27-Aug-08 18:00:40

I love them, I have one, which sadly I drew on when I was little, I too was shocked by the prices when I looked about a year ago

poppy34 Wed 27-Aug-08 18:02:26

[waves at fivegomad]

I kept all my thomas the tank engine books (ok they're drawn on and have upside down date stamps from whereI played library)...should have done the same with ant and bee...

maybe we should ask them to republish? reckon loads of people would buy as they're lovely books

cyteen Wed 27-Aug-08 18:12:32

OMG! And how funny, I was just looking at my treasured Ant and Bee books yesterday and thinking "I wonder if you can still get these, I'd love for my little boy to have them."

I've got Ant and Bee Go Shopping and Around The World With Ant and Bee, they're brilliant. Still haven't forgiven myself for taking all my books to the charity shop when I was about 12, in a moment of trying-to-be-cool. What an utter, utter moron. All my Quentin Blakes, all my Mog the Forgetful Cats, and so many others I can't even remember now...all gone

rookiemater Wed 27-Aug-08 18:13:38

I loved Ant and Bee when I was young. Can't believe the prices, maybe they are cheaper in the US ?

FrayedKnot Wed 27-Aug-08 18:14:05

Ooh I loved Ant and Bee

We had a battered copy of the alphabet one

shock at £130 for a perfect copy

Whizzz Wed 27-Aug-08 18:21:54

I can remember my friend had some of these &I thought they were great!

spicemonster Wed 27-Aug-08 18:25:43

It's such a shame they're out of print. they're absolutely brilliant. I don't know where ours are anymore

poppy34 Wed 27-Aug-08 18:44:56

I know frayedknot...shocking isn't it? still i think they should bring em back

Hangingbellyofbabylon Wed 27-Aug-08 23:47:52

I love Ant and Bee - my dd's are currently enthralled by 'Ant and Bee and the Doctor' - it's priceless to me as it was given to me by my new baby sister when I was born smilesome here that are not too bad although still have a day to go.

poppy34 Thu 28-Aug-08 09:44:56

thanks hangingbelly... have bid so fingers crossed!

MeAndMyMonkey Fri 29-Aug-08 12:45:09

I loved Ant and Bee, don't know what happened to any of our copies though.
By sheer coincidence, am doing some work research on Egypt, and just found out this about the Nile Valley and Delta:

"The Ancient Egyptians called these the Land of the Ant (the Valley) and the Land of the Bee (the Delta). On ancient inscriptions you often see an ant and a bee beside a pharaoh's name, meaning ruler of the Valley and the Delta"

Could this have been the inspiration for Ant and Bee??

ChukkyPig Fri 29-Aug-08 12:49:02

I used to read ant and bee in the library! My mum mentioned it only yesterday, saying she wondered if DD would like them and if they were still around.

At those prices I think DD may have to put up with some crappily drawn facsimiles from me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now